Donate and Give
Thank you, there’s several ways you can donate and give:
Firstly, you can donate money via our GoFundMe page.
We want you to know that 100% of donations is used to buy food parcels, utility top ups, and other essentials for people in need. We attach a receipt of purchase to every Good Deed we publish on the site, and also include the initial or the first name of the person who donated the money. So you can see exactly how your money is used, and see the good you do. We notify you by email every time some of your donation is used, and tell you which Good Deed you funded. It’s as personal as that.
Secondly, you can Give Gifts to people.
Gifts include items such as quality bedding, furniture, nice things. Perhaps unwanted presents you have received, or items you’ve had in storage for a while and would like to see going to a new home. Here’s a few rules though:
- Items must be clean, safe, and for the time, we are not accepting clothes.
- Items must be Good Enough To Give.
- That means they’re a gift, not an alternative to the bin!
- Please don’t give us things you want to get rid of. Give us things that would make a nice gift for someone.
- We may or may not be able to accept electrical items. Please ask.
- We can’t accept any items from anyone who is self isolating for reasons of having or suspected of having Covid19 or other illnesses.
- If you have items to Give please let us know.
- We will match them with a recipient.
- We are able to collect using social distancing and we store for a minimum of three days in order to prevent viral transmission.
- As collecting and distributing Gifts is very time consuming we very much appreciate it if you join as a member and support the community, although it isn’t obligatory.
- Give gifts by calling us on 07535 670 581 or emailing [email protected]
Joining and becoming a member is an exciting thing to do! It means you can post on to the site, for one. Anything good and uplifting, news, views, art, stories, poems, and of course, Good Deeds. Being a member also means you can use the Good Deed Fund to do acts of kindness with. For example, you can buy a homeless person a meal, or a pair of shoes, or any other acts of kindness, and claim back the money, by taking a photo and adding it to the site. You become a Good Deeder 🙂 and you’ll soon get addicted to it.
As a member, you are co creating a World where more and more good deeds and kindness happens every single day.
And as a member, even if you just join and do nothing, you are supporting the platform, covering running costs, and enabling 100% of donations to be used at point of need.
If you really want to make a difference, join, it’s £10 a month, and be part of a community that is literally changing the World, one Good Deed at a time.